Are you looking for the best international recipes to try at home? Look no further! We’ve compiled seven of the most delicious and easy-to-make international recipes from around the world. From Mexican to Thai, these dishes are sure to excite your taste buds and delight your family and friends. Get ready to experience all the flavors of the world, right in your own kitchen!
1) Mexican Recipes
Mexican cuisine is renowned for its vibrant flavors and colorful presentation. From tacos to burritos to enchiladas, there is a wide range of dishes that you can easily make at home. Here are some of the best Mexican recipes to try at home:
- Taco Salad: A classic taco salad recipe with ground beef, tomatoes, black beans, lettuce, cheese, and crunchy taco chips all topped with a creamy dressing.
- Chile Relleno: A popular Mexican dish consisting of roasted poblano peppers stuffed with cheese, fried in egg batter, and served with a sauce.
- Enchiladas: A classic Mexican dish made with corn tortillas filled with a variety of ingredients including beef, pork, cheese, or vegetables. It’s then rolled and topped with a delicious sauce.
- Tamales: This traditional dish is made from masa (corn dough) which is filled with a savory filling and then steamed in a banana leaf or corn husk.
- Carnitas: Delicious braised or roasted pork served as an entrée or used as an ingredient for tacos or burritos.
- Fajitas: A popular dish made with marinated strips of beef or chicken cooked with bell peppers, onions, and other vegetables. Serve with warm flour tortillas and all the fixings.
- Chimichangas: These deep-fried burritos are filled with a variety of ingredients including ground beef, beans, cheese, and vegetables. Top with sour cream, guacamole, or salsa.
These are just some of the delicious Mexican recipes you can make at home. With so many different flavors and textures to choose from, you’re sure to find something everyone will love. ¡Buen Provecho!
2) Thai Recipes
Thai cuisine is renowned for its balance of flavors and fragrant ingredients. Whether you’re looking to make a quick and easy weeknight meal or a more complicated feast, there are plenty of delicious Thai recipes that you can try at home. Here are some of the best:
- Pad Thai – this classic stir-fried noodle dish is loaded with flavor and can be made with shrimp, chicken, pork, or tofu. It’s also great for vegan and vegetarian eaters.
- Tom Yum Soup – this spicy, sour soup is the perfect starter for any Thai meal. It’s made with lemongrass, galangal, lime leaves, and mushrooms, plus other flavorful ingredients like chili paste, fish sauce, and lime juice.
- Khao Soi – this Burmese-influenced curry is creamy and comforting. It’s usually made with noodles, chicken, coconut milk, and a variety of spices.
- Red Curry – this classic Thai curry is usually made with vegetables, chicken, or beef, and served over steamed jasmine rice. It’s full of flavor thanks to red curry paste, coconut milk, and a combination of spices.
- Gai Pad Med Mamuang – this stir-fried chicken dish gets its sweetness from cashews and honey. It’s usually served with rice and topped with fresh herbs.
- Som Tam – this popular green papaya salad is crunchy and refreshing. It’s a perfect side to any Thai meal thanks to its combination of spicy, sour, sweet, and salty flavors.
No matter what type of Thai dish you decide to make at home, you’ll be sure to enjoy its bold flavors. From creamy curries to spicy salads, these recipes are sure to satisfy your cravings for authentic Thai food!
3) Italian Recipes
Italy has an incredible range of delicious, mouth-watering dishes that are perfect for trying out at home. From creamy risotto and pasta dishes to light salads and heavenly desserts, Italian cuisine is full of flavor and character. Here are some of our favorite Italian recipes that you can recreate in your own kitchen:
- Caprese Salad – This simple but flavorful dish is made from fresh mozzarella, tomatoes and basil, all drizzled with a touch of olive oil. Serve it as a side salad or as a light meal on its own.
- Risotto Alla Milanese – This classic Italian dish is made with Arborio rice cooked in a rich beef stock with onions, garlic and white wine. It’s the perfect comfort food on a chilly night.
- Fettuccine Alfredo – This creamy pasta dish is made with parmesan cheese, butter and cream. The result is a velvety sauce that pairs perfectly with fettuccine noodles.
- Ossobuco Alla Milanese – This traditional braised veal dish is served with a creamy white wine sauce. The veal is slow-cooked until tender, making it succulent and full of flavor.
- Tiramisu – This classic Italian dessert is the perfect ending to any meal. Layers of sponge cake soaked in espresso and liqueur are topped with a creamy mascarpone filling and cocoa powder.
These are just a few of the many amazing Italian recipes you can try at home. With a little practice, you’ll be able to make restaurant-quality Italian dishes in your own kitchen. Buon Appetito!
4) Chinese Recipes
When it comes to international cuisine, Chinese recipes are some of the most popular dishes out there. From comforting classics like sweet and sour pork to fresh and healthy stir-fries, you can find a range of delicious recipes to try at home. Here are a few of our favorite Chinese recipes:
- Szechuan Chicken: This classic Chinese dish is sure to be a hit with the whole family. The key to this recipe is using freshly ground Szechuan peppercorns, which add a unique flavor to the marinated chicken. It’s served with a spicy garlic sauce that will make your taste buds tingle!
- Egg Fried Rice: This easy and tasty dish is one of the most beloved Chinese recipes around. Fried rice is perfect for using up leftovers – just add whatever vegetables you have on hand and a few eggs to make a delicious meal.
- Kung Pao Chicken: With its vibrant flavors and mouth-watering aromas, this dish is sure to be a hit in your kitchen. It’s made with a combination of hot chilis, ginger, garlic, and soy sauce – all cooked together in a wok to create an unforgettable flavor.
- Moo Shu Pork: This popular northern Chinese dish is perfect for when you’re looking for something hearty and satisfying. It’s made with flavorful pork, scrambled eggs, mushrooms, and shredded cabbage – all wrapped up in warm pancakes and served with hoisin sauce.
These are just a few of the delicious Chinese recipes that you can make at home. Whether you’re looking for an easy weeknight dinner or want to impress your guests with something special, these dishes are sure to hit the spot!
Also read: Taste the Deliciousness of Korean BBQ!
5) Japanese Recipes
Japanese cuisine is one of the most popular international cuisines in the world, and for good reason. With its combination of flavor, texture and presentation, it’s no wonder that people all over the globe have taken to creating their own versions of traditional Japanese dishes. Here are some of the most popular and delicious Japanese recipes you can try at home.
First up is tempura. This classic Japanese dish consists of vegetables or seafood coated in a light and crispy batter, then deep-fried. Serve with a side of soy sauce for a savory experience.
Next, we have teriyaki. This is another popular Japanese dish consisting of marinated meat or vegetables that are grilled or broiled with a sweet and savory teriyaki sauce. Serve with steamed rice and vegetables for an amazing meal.
Ramen is a quintessential Japanese dish. Made with noodles, vegetables and your choice of meat or seafood in a savory broth, this dish is sure to hit the spot. For an extra special treat, add a soft-boiled egg or some freshly made gyoza (dumplings).
Finally, sushi is an absolute must-try. Though there are countless variations on sushi, the basics involve vinegared rice and a topping such as fish, shrimp, or vegetables. Get creative and try out different toppings and fillings to make your own signature rolls.
These are just a few of the delicious Japanese recipes you can try at home. From tempura to teriyaki to sushi, Japanese cuisine offers something for everyone. So why not get creative in the kitchen and explore these exciting dishes?
6) Indian Recipes
Indian food has a unique flavor and complexity that comes from a variety of spices and herbs. If you want to try authentic Indian cuisine without going out to an Indian restaurant, these recipes are perfect for you!
- Tandoori Chicken: Tandoori chicken is one of the most popular dishes in India and it’s easy to make at home. Marinate chicken in a spicy yogurt mixture of ginger, garlic, garam masala, chili powder, and turmeric. Then, cook the chicken on a hot grill for about 20 minutes. Serve with a squeeze of lemon, some naan, and raita.
- Butter Chicken: Another classic Indian dish that you can make easily at home is butter chicken. Cook chicken pieces in a creamy tomato-based sauce and finish it off with butter and cream. Serve it with rice or flatbread.
- Chana Masala: This spicy chickpea curry is hearty and flavorful. Saute onions and garlic, then add ground spices such as cumin, coriander, and garam masala. Add canned chickpeas along with tomatoes and simmer until the sauce thickens. Serve with warm naan or rice.
- Saag Paneer: This traditional spinach-based dish is packed with flavor and nutrition. Cook cubes of paneer cheese in a flavorful sauce made from pureed spinach, onions, garlic, and spices. Serve over basmati rice or with naan.
- Vegetable Biryani: Biryani is a fragrant, flavorful dish that is traditionally made with meat, but can also be made with vegetables. Cook basmati rice separately then combine it with cooked vegetables like potatoes, carrots, peas, and cauliflower. Flavor it with saffron, cardamom, cinnamon, and other spices before serving.
Also read: 4 Amazing Picnic Food Ideas That Will Keep You Healthy and Full
7) French Recipes
French cuisine is known for its complex and delicious flavors, making it an ideal choice for cooking at home. Here are some classic French recipes to try:
- Ratatouille – this iconic dish is a combination of vegetables cooked in a flavorful tomato sauce. It can be served as a side dish or as a main course.
- Boeuf Bourguignon – this hearty stew made with beef, mushrooms, red wine, and bacon is both comforting and flavorful.
- Bouillabaisse – this traditional fish stew from Marseille features a mix of fish, shellfish, and aromatic vegetables simmered in a flavorful tomato broth.
- Coq au Vin – this classic French dish is made with chicken braised in red wine with mushrooms, onions, bacon, and garlic.
- Cassoulet – this hearty bean stew is slow-cooked with pork sausage, duck confit, and various herbs and spices.
- Quiche Lorraine – this savory tart is filled with bacon, eggs, and cheese in a buttery pastry crust.
- Croque Monsieur – this sandwich is made with ham and cheese on toasted bread and topped with a creamy Mornay sauce.
- Crêpes – these thin pancakes can be served either sweet or savory and filled with various fillings such as fruits, chocolate, or cheese.
Cooking international recipes at home is a great way to experience a taste of the world without ever leaving your kitchen. From Mexican dishes like enchiladas and tacos to Thai curries and Japanese ramen, there are many delicious and easy-to-make international recipes out there. These seven recipes offer a glimpse into the vast array of flavors and cultures that exist around the world. If you’re new to trying international dishes, why not start with a classic Italian dish like spaghetti bolognese or Thai green curry? They are sure to be crowd-pleasers and make a fun, delicious meal. Fun fact: Did you know that Italian food is the most popular cuisine in America?